Life's Theater: Lost Friends

Friday, December 02, 2005

Lost Friends

A simple post dedicated to several friends of mine, whom I lost in August this year.

Amidst the chaos of life and the loss of appreciation for the simpler things, which have been taken for granted by many of us too busy focusing on our pursuits, you brought back the simple pleasures that material wealth could never afford.

Your unconditional love and companionships gave to me a new meaning in life; a treasure beyond compare. The enthusiasm you expressed in the simple joys of life returned unto me tenfold, diverting my mind from the many troubles which continually plagued me. You unknowingly lent cheer, comfort and strength to an almost broken soul, heartbroken at seeing a loved one wracked with weak health and to another, spent from the agony of illnesses, on the very verge of exasperation.

You gave new meanings into life that we would have never known or acknowledged without your fateful entrances into our lives. I hope that when you departed, some fragment of our love was brought with you into wherever your continued journey leads you to. Unlike many of your other nameless peers, you carried into your passing your names and our affections.

I pray that you are all in a better place than what I could have ever provided. I miss you. Lots. And still do think of you frequently, despite the months that have passed.