Life's Theater: Closing Stages

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Closing Stages

Not even a whimper of a bang was heard, as dead silence rang throughout the sudden but anticipated end of the affiliation. Soundless echoes rippled across my mind, mirroring and amplifying the lack of emotions that I initially sensed.

The swiftness of it all stunned me into speechlessness. Utterly astonished, I was reeling in shock and yet, surprised by my own sense of relief, which dawned on me in the latter half of the hour. It has finally come down to this, based on both internal and external circumstances, lending the words to my mouth that I dared not speak, supplying a reason for this division.

No longer will I have to drag my feet and swallow those sentiments of dread, or to suffer the rants, accusations and justifications by another, sometimes rigid, stubborn, temperamental and self-righteous.

On another hand, I do look fondly back on the shared journeys and of the lessons which I have learnt and experienced.

A fitting farewell it was, I suppose, with nary a char on the bridge, left intact. Thank you very much and goodbye. Let us hold a fitting tribute and interment to what was and was not, through maintaining the silence of the bang that went off soundlessly.