Life's Theater: Like I said it would happen. Well, it happened.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Like I said it would happen. Well, it happened.

This post will be a burst of angst, annoyance, disappointment and disgust, which I seldom emote with such intensity. I have always saw myself as an accomodating and fairly patient person, able to rationalize issues and to calm down quickly before I say something which I may come to regret.

In all senses of the word, I am not perfect, but I do conciously try my upmost to make the right decisions and to always find out the entire situation, from the point of view from both parties before I make a stand.

Enough about myself. Those who have worked with me would know me well enough in this aspect.

You know who you are. This post is dedicated to you.

~

Amongst the many types of personalities and characteristics which I have ever encountered, I have never truly despised any, save one kind of person - The person who bites the hands that feeds him.

I have no qualms regarding your comments that were directed towards me. In life, one can never make everyone happy. Hence, rather than to cater to the opinions of one stubborn or bigoted person who refuses to see the truth, the bigger picture or reality, I choose decisions that will maximize the benefits of everyone in general. I apologize and empathize if you are unable to make the cut, but such is reality; hence the reference to it as "the harsh realities of life".

I offered and extended help and advice on multiple occasions. Yet, you turned a deaf ear and refused to listen or accommodate the constructive criticisms and to understand the rational behind the decisions of others, drowning them out against the selfishly opinionated perspective that you choose to allow to dominate your thoughts and to cloud your comments, reactions and behavior.

I stand by the decisions that I have made and yes, I render myself accountable to whatever criticism or comments that may arise. And I am confident that the colleagues around us will rally behind me if this matter was ever pursued, should you finally decide to bring it up to me directly, instead of hiding behind a facade of words, assumptions, half-truths, accusations and lies.

Despite the personal attacks that you have afflicted upon me, which only serve to annoy, the one thing which I cannot abide is the manner in which you are trying to bring down the person which has sacrificed, committed and done so much in your personal benefit. No, I am not referring to myself, but to a close friend of mine, whom I have forged a kinship with over the last three years.

Your false accusations and assumptions as to his intents are truly deplorable. I can abide by irresponsibility from a person in various situations, but in this course of this matter, your comments were truly irresponsible, reflecting your immaturity, selfishness and childishness. How long has it been since the incident and yet, you are still bringing it up as a point of reference, with all your facts wrong? If you had only looked deep enough, you would have experienced the scolding and opposition which HE had faced, out of friendship towards you, to assist you.

HE had bent over backwards to render himself to your cause, breaking the rules - for your benefit - and alone had to incurred the verbal wrath of the authorities. HE attempted to stem the responses and unhappiness, which was directed at you, at his own expense, with no tangible profit to himself, to go out of his way to offer you his support, at his honor.

Together, we had pledge support to your cause, in the face of growing opposition and had even promised to loan personal property to you, just for you to have things your way, because of a personal promise you had made prior to the tussle, committing yourself to something which you had no certainty in ensuring that it would happen.

Yet, this is how you repay someone who gives himself selflessly to your cause. I would have liked to imagine that your misguided response to these issues stems from your inability to comprehend the bigger picture or misinformation from the wrong sources, amongst the many possibilities. However, based on your selfish and pushy nature, it is apparent that you only crave personal benefit, only taking without giving.

You know who you are. I could stop short of saying that you are a small, petty and immature man who has gotten all his facts wrong. In fact, I will stop just short of insulting your parents, saying that they have brought you up without teaching you proper manners.

However, I cannot help but say this - You disgust me.