Life's Theater: While You're Gone

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

While You're Gone

Like a parent too busy with his career, I regret not spending more time with you when I had the chance.

A home once filled with the pitter-patter of running feet, now rings empty in its halls.

I miss your silly games at the foot of my bed, as you sat there playing, with the innocence of adolescence and the wild abandonment of youth.

Your youthful curiosity carried you into all sorts of trouble - irritating at that moment, but enduring nevertheless.

I waited and called, like a parent waiting for his child to return from a late night out.

Yet, it seems that return, you never will.

Despite this bad premonition that resonates from my gut, we shall hope and pray for your safe return.

Please come home soon, Pepper.